Glazed Mint Brownies Recipe
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and flour until blended. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until creamy. Spread over brownies.
- 4. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until filling and glaze are set. Yield: 12-16 brownies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 234 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Mint Brownies
"I made these for a family Christmas party and they disappeared quickly! Takes an ordinary brownie and makes it fabulous. Will make again?soon!"
"This recipe is out of this world! I had so many compliments. I will make these again!"
"I took these to work and my boss wants to make them also,said they are the best he has ever had."