- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and flour until blended. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until creamy. Spread over brownies.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until filling and glaze are set. Yield: 12-16 brownies.
Reviews for Glazed Mint Brownies
"Easy to put together and yummy. My husband said they tasted like a peppermint patty. I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan."
"I made these for a family Christmas party and they disappeared quickly! Takes an ordinary brownie and makes it fabulous. Will make again?soon!"
"This recipe is out of this world! I had so many compliments. I will make these again!"
"I took these to work and my boss wants to make them also,said they are the best he has ever had."