"I love taking these rich minty bars to a ladies luncheon," comments Diana Conner of Wichita, Kansas. "The women always think I've worked so hard to make these layered brownies when they're so easy!"
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and flour until blended. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the filling ingredients until creamy. Spread over brownies.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until filling and glaze are set. Yield: 12-16 brownies.
Originally published as Glazed Mint Brownies in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p37
Reviews for Glazed Mint Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review