Glazed Meat Loaf Recipe
- 10-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 3-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 14 eggs
- 10-1/2 cups milk or tomato juice
- 21 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1. In several large bowls, combine the oats, salt, pepper, onion, eggs and milk or tomato juice. Sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into loaves of desired size and place in shallow baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine all of the glaze ingredients; spread evenly over tops of loaves. Bake for about 1 hour more or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. (Two-pound loaves will need to bake for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.) Yield: 100 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 257 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.