Glazed Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, saltines, carrots, onion, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring the brown sugar, ketchup and mustard to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over meat loaf.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Drain; let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Glazed Meat Loaf(8)
Sort By :
This is a delicious meatloaf. I made 1/2 the recipe for a smaller loaf and it was perfect. I had no problems with it falling apart like others mentioned.
Fast and easy to make. Great finished result, and the glaze on top adds the perfect finishing touch.
My teenage kids ask for it by name.... Need I say more?
I've been trying to find a meatloaf recipe for thirty years the hubby will like..."too stiff...too spicy...falls apart too much..too bland...." This one was a winner! I halved the recipe, but did the full sauce amount. Also, I substituted the saltines for Ritz crackers, as that is all I had on hand. I grated the carrots, but not fine, and I think it gave more texture. As someone else said, it goes great with green beans. I didn't experience falling apart. I will definitely be making this one again!
The best meatloaf ever!! My whole family loves it!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >