Glazed Meat Loaf Recipe
- 10-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 3-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 14 eggs
- 10-1/2 cups milk or tomato juice
- 21 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- In several large bowls, combine the oats, salt, pepper, onion, eggs and milk or tomato juice. Sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into loaves of desired size and place in shallow baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the glaze ingredients; spread evenly over tops of loaves. Bake for about 1 hour more or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. (Two-pound loaves will need to bake for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.) Yield: 100 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Glazed Meat Loaf(3)
Sort By :
Yes, that could have something to do with it. LOL
I think it has 14 eggs in it cause it's made to feed 100 people. The glaze can be made in smaller amounts...it's AWESOME on meat loaf!! :)
Are there really FOURTEEN eggs in the recipe?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >