- 10-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pepper
- 3-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 14 eggs
- 10-1/2 cups milk or tomato juice
- 21 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup prepared mustard
- In several large bowls, combine the oats, salt, pepper, onion, eggs and milk or tomato juice. Sprinkle beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into loaves of desired size and place in shallow baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the glaze ingredients; spread evenly over tops of loaves. Bake for about 1 hour more or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. (Two-pound loaves will need to bake for 1-1/2 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.) Yield: 100 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Glazed Meat Loaf
"Yes, that could have something to do with it. LOL"
"I think it has 14 eggs in it cause it's made to feed 100 people. The glaze can be made in smaller amounts...it's AWESOME on meat loaf!! :)"
"Are there really FOURTEEN eggs in the recipe?"