Whenever I visit friends in Lutsen, Minnesota, I make sure to buy maple syrup there because I think it's even better than in Quebec. These delicious cookies can be decorated with sprinkles or they're just fine as is.—Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, Ontario
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and cornstarch until blended. Beat in flavoring. Gradually beat in flour.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-3/4-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and maple syrup until smooth. Spread over cookies. Let stand until set. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Maple Shortbread Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2014, p23
Reviews for Glazed Maple Shortbread Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2015
"These cookies are fabulous... even people who are not usually looking for maple syrup recipe will love them. Love the shortbread texture. Thanks for sharing this recipe."
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2015
"Simply delicious for the maple lover in mind ??"