Glazed Macadamia Nuts
I came across this recipe years ago, and it's been a hit ever since. Family and friends can't stop nibbling on the sweet coated nuts.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Spread macadamia nuts in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 5 minutes; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 6 tablespoons sugar, corn syrup, oil and
- salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring
- until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Pour over nuts;
- stir to coat. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned,
- stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; toss to coat.
- Spread on foil to cool. Break apart and store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 191 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.