Glazed Macadamia Nuts Recipe
I came across this recipe years ago, and it's been a hit ever since. Family and friends can't stop nibbling on the sweet coated nuts.
- 3 cups macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. Spread macadamia nuts in a single layer in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 5 minutes; set aside.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, combine 6 tablespoons sugar, corn syrup, oil and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Pour over nuts; stir to coat. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining sugar; toss to coat. Spread on foil to cool. Break apart and store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 191 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC