Offer these at Christmas— and watch folks come back for more! The topping and glaze complement the lemony muffin.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over muffins. Serve warm. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Glazed Lemon Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p14
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review