Glazed Lemon Flute Cake
My husband says this is the best lemon cake he's ever eaten. A cake mix and lemon gelatin make it a breeze to prepare.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, water and oil.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely
- before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 283 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.