Glazed Lemon Flute Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, water and oil. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 283 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Flute Cake
"Delicious! I used applesauce for half the oil, and it still tastes rich, although slightly heavier than your usual cake from a mix. I used a French Vanilla cake mix (that's what I had on hand), and then needed to add in about half a teaspoon of lemon extract. I also used milk instead of water ( why not add a little more nutrition, right?) I did not make the glaze.I made a "trial cake", then decided to make it exactly the same for Easter dinner."
"Is the glaze supposed to melt and run off?"
"Making it now with applesauce instead of oil and sugar free jello mix. ( diabetic ) worked out just fine! Really super moist. Will be making this again for sure!!!!"
"Has anyone tried using half applesauce in place of half canola oil?"
"A really delicious, moist lemon cake that looks pretty too. Found this recipe in the spring and made it for the first time...have made it at least 6 times since. Everyone just loves it...even people who aren't real lemon lovers. And it's so easy to make...you can make it at the spur of the moment with things you usually have in your pantry."
"Would I make this again?? I have ...several times. As a matter of fact, it's been requested over and over again."
"I made this 2 times the week I found the recipe & have made it since. So moist...and even the non-lemon fans in my home at it up. Keeper for sure!"
"Moist and delicious. Perfect receipe! No changes required. Will definitely make again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.