- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, eggs, water and oil. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Flute Cake(5)
Sort By :
Has anyone tried using half applesauce in place of half canola oil?
A really delicious, moist lemon cake that looks pretty too. Found this recipe in the spring and made it for the first time...have made it at least 6 times since. Everyone just loves it...even people who aren't real lemon lovers. And it's so easy to make...you can make it at the spur of the moment with things you usually have in your pantry.
Would I make this again?? I have ...several times. As a matter of fact, it's been requested over and over again.
I made this 2 times the week I found the recipe & have made it since. So moist...and even the non-lemon fans in my home at it up. Keeper for sure!
Moist and delicious. Perfect receipe! No changes required. Will definitely make again.