Glazed Lemon Cake
"My mother baked this light moist treat when I was a child," shares Missy Andrews of Rice, Washington. "I loved it as much then as my children do now." Boxed cake and pudding mixes make this delightful dessert simple, and at a mere 22 cents a piece, it's frugal as well.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs;
- beat on low speed or 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Gradually beat in soda just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for
- 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice
- until smooth; carefully spread over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 398 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 388 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a