- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and eggs; beat on low speed or 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in soda just until blended.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; carefully spread over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Cake
"Great cake very moist I loved the glaze instead of a heavy frosting . I added a little lemon juice and zest to the batter. The whole family thought it was one of the best cakes they have eaten"
"This is a quick and easy cake. It is moist with plenty of lemon flavor. The glaze is like that on glazed doughnuts. My husband gave it 4 stars for taste."
"Excellent cake! Your lemon lovers will be thrilled with this simple cake. The cake was light and the glaze eliminated a heavy frosting from weighing it down. Quick glaze because there is no need to wait to top the cake. As suggested by another reviewer, poking holes in the top of the cake allowed the plentiful glaze to be in every bite!"
"This cake is a hit!!!! I first made this cake two years ago and have been making it ever since. When I first made it, I rushed through it and accidently used the two tablespoons of lemon juice in the batter. I've been doing it that way ever since. Everyone compliments this cake the same stating that it's light and moist. One other thing I do is put holes in the cake so the glaze can run inside. I gave this recipe to a friend and she added a few drops of vanilla extract to the glaze. I tried it as well and it added a little balance of vanilla to the lemon tart taste."
"I was looking for a change from chocolate desserts and am so glad I came across this recipe. This cake is light and delicious - perfect for a summertime dessert. I used diet lemon-lime soda as that is what we had on hand. The final piece of cake in the pan was eaten five days after baking and was still wonderfully moist. We had extra icing on our cake due to the fact that I didn't measure when adding the powdered sugar and ended up needing to stir in additional lemon juice. So, so good!"