A sunny lemon-flavored cake is just the dessert to brighten up a gray winter day (or any day). Lemon peel provides a nice zing in every bite. A light glaze gives the tall, golden cake a delicate crust.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review