- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Place waxed paper under rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over the warm cake. Cool completely before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
Sort By :
"It looks great, my favorite recipe now, love it !!"
"I made this for my moms birthday and everyone who ate it loved it. It didn't last for more than a day"
"Very good recipe. This makes a nice big,tall cake. It tastes delicious! I sometime add coconut to the batter for additional taste and texture."
"A tall cake with great texture, as others have said. After trying this cake once with lemon flavoring, I substituted coconut extract to make coconut cupcakes, which were great! I used powdered sugar when I made the lemon glaze the first time, so it didn't run too much."
"This is a tasty, most cake with a nice, slightly crunchy, crust. I added poppy seeds & poked holes in the warm cake with a wooden skewer before glazing, so the glaze (which I thickened) would absorb a bit into the cake. Otherwise I followed the directions as given. This is a keeper in my opinion!"