- Drain and discard marinade. In large skillet, brown shanks in
- remaining oil on all sides in batches. Place shanks in a 5- or 6-qt.
- slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, combine the beer, honey, thyme, bay leaves,
- Dijon, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8
- hours or until meat and potatoes are tender, adding the potatoes
- during the last 2 hours of cooking.
- Remove lamb and potatoes from slow cooker. Strain sauce and discard
- bay leaves. If desired, thicken sauce. Serve with lamb and potatoes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now