- Drain and discard marinade. In large skillet, brown shanks in
- remaining oil on all sides in batches. Place shanks in a 5- or 6-qt.
- slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, combine the beer, honey, thyme, bay leaves,
- Dijon, garlic, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil,
- stirring constantly. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8
- hours or until meat and potatoes are tender, adding the potatoes
- during the last 2 hours of cooking.
- Remove lamb and potatoes from slow cooker. Strain sauce and discard
- bay leaves. If desired, thicken sauce. Serve with lamb and potatoes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.