Glazed Lamb Chops
A flavorful two-ingredient sauce marinates these lamb chops. “These are so quick to prepare, but your guest will think you’ve fussed,” promises Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 New Zealand lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and about 6 ounces each)
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice concentrate and
- barbecue sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or
- until heated through; set aside 1/3 cup for serving. Spread
- remaining sauce over both sides of lamb chops. Place on a broiler
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-9 minutes on each side or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should
- read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Serve with
- reserved sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 lamb chop with about 4 teaspoons sauce equals 209 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.