Glazed Holiday Pork Roast
With this sweet and tangy fruit glaze, this pretty pork roast is perfect for a holiday meal. But don't save it just for special occasions! My husband and son love this warm and satisfying supper whenever I serve it.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
- 1 pork rib roast (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup dried fruit bits, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Make 15-20 slits, about 1 to 1-1/2 in. deep, in the roast; place some
- fruit in each slit. In a small bowl, combine the water, honey, soup
- mix, ketchup, lemon juice, peel and remaining fruit.
- Place roast fat side up in a roasting pan. Pour fruit mixture over
- the top. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before
- carving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.