With this sweet and tangy fruit glaze, this pretty pork roast is perfect for a holiday meal. But don't save it just for special occasions! My husband and son love this warm and satisfying supper whenever I serve it.
Recommended: 16 Impressive Christmas Dinner Ideas
- 1 pork rib roast (4 to 4-1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup dried fruit bits, divided
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Make 15-20 slits, about 1 to 1-1/2 in. deep, in the roast; place some fruit in each slit. In a small bowl, combine the water, honey, soup mix, ketchup, lemon juice, peel and remaining fruit.
- Place roast fat side up in a roasting pan. Pour fruit mixture over the top. Cover and bake at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Holiday Pork Roast in Country Woman November/December 2001, p29
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Glazed Holiday Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"Photo looks like a pork loin, however I made it with the pork rib roast. My family was impressed. It was fall apart tender with an amazing taste."