The orange flavor really comes through in the sauce that nicely coats this grilled chicken. I like to garnish it with fresh orange segments and a sprinkling of green chives for a pretty look. —Jill Smith of Irmo, South Carolina
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Remove 1 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-8 hours, turning occasionally. Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Stir in the honey. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken with orange sections over rice; spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Herb Chicken in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Glazed Herb Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review