Glazed Ham with Cherry Sauce Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (about 10 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup cherry or cranberry juice
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) pitted tart cherries, drained
- 12 to 16 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. Place ham on a rack in large roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 hours.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in cherry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over ham. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Remove from the oven; keep warm.
- 3. For cherry sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in apple juice and vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cherries and food coloring if desired; heat through. Serve with ham. Yield: 18 servings (4 cups sauce).
6 ounce-weight: 437 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 1713mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Ham with Cherry Sauce
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer