BESIDES being a great cook, my mom could put a meal together in no time at all. A creative cook, she didn't always measure everything, which made it look so easy. This recipe of hers is quick to put together. The sauce is simple but delicious. We have ham quite often and this is our favorite "leftover" dish. -Leona Luecking, West Burlington, Iowa
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons ginger ale
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 boneless fully cooked ham slices (1/2 to 3/4 pound and 1/2 inch thick)
- In a skillet, combine the brown sugar, flour, mustard, ginger ale and vinegar. Bring to a boil over low heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and sauce is thickened. Add ham slices and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Ham Slices in Reminisce Extra October 1998, p47
Reviews for Glazed Ham Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review