Glazed Ham Balls Recipe
Meet the Cook: Over the years, I have found this recipe ideal for using leftovers from a baked ham. The pleasantly soft ham balls are glazed with a thick sauce that's slightly sweet with a hint of cloves. I frequently take them to church potlucks. -Esther Leitch, Fredericksburg, Virginia
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1-3/4 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oats and ham; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and cloves if desired. Stir in pineapple juice, corn syrup, vinegar and mustard until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over ham balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until browned. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Ham Balls in Country Woman September/October 1999, p33
Reviews for Glazed Ham Balls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review