Glazed Fruit Medley
“The orange dressing on this salad complements the fresh fruit flavors beautifully,” says Karen Bourne, a TOH field editor from Magrath, Alberta. “It’s perfect for a spring or summer brunch.”
Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups cubed honeydew
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, mix the orange juice, sugar and cornstarch until
- smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the fruit in a large serving bowl.
- Drizzle with orange juice mixture; toss gently to coat. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 188 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.