Glazed Fruit Bowl
This quick-to-fix fruit salad combines summer favorites such as cantaloupe, honeydew and strawberries into a refreshing side dish. You can substitute other fruits if you like. —Christine Wilson, Sellersville, Pennsylvania
25 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 small cantaloupe, cubed
- 3-1/2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple aside. (Discard
- remaining juice or save for another use.) In a large saucepan,
- combine the pudding mix, pineapple juice and orange juice. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from
- the heat; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, melons, berries, grapes and
- bananas. Drizzle with pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 25 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with sugar-free pudding mix) equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,