Glazed Fruit Bowl Recipe
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 small cantaloupe, cubed
- 3-1/2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple aside. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.) In a large saucepan, combine the pudding mix, pineapple juice and orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat; cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, melons, berries, grapes and bananas. Drizzle with pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 25 servings.
3/4 cup (prepared with sugar-free pudding mix) equals 82 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Glazed Fruit Bowl
"I made this fruit salad and took to my sister-in-law's as part of their lunch while they were cleaning up after a flood. All 11 of us loved it. I will be serving the rest of it tonight as I entertain my daughter and her 3 children. I like the variety of fruits and the glaze gives it a special taste."
"Yes Yes Yes I will be making this again. So easy and such a nice difference the "glaze" makes. This is no ordinary fruit salad. The hint of vanilla had my guests asking for the recipe. The recipe makes a lot so I used half for a picnic and the other for pot luck at church the next day. My husband pouted when I told him I was taking the rest to church! I used in season fruits so it was economical. You know how much it costs to buy prepared fruit salad at the grocery store. Try it and I know you will agree... This one's a keeper! Thanks TOH"
"This is the awesomest dessert I have had in a long time. I have made it twice in the past two days, both times only making half batches because it really does make alot! BUT.... I realize now that with everyone liking it as well as they do, I could have saved myself some time in making the whole thing. It makes a great breakfast, afternoon treat for the kids, or a light, but filling dessert after supper!"
"My sister in law made this for us, the dressing was wonderful and makse a large amount. The fruits can be varied for interesting taste changes."
"Peaches are great added to this recipe. Also, dried bluberries can be substituted for fresh."