This quick-to-fix fruit salad combines summer favorites such as cantaloupe, honeydew and strawberries into a refreshing side dish. You can substitute other fruits if you like. —Christine Wilson, Sellersville, Pennsylvania
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 small cantaloupe, cubed
- 3-1/2 cups cubed honeydew
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice; set pineapple aside. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.) In a large saucepan, combine the pudding mix, pineapple juice and orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, melons, berries, grapes and bananas. Drizzle with pudding mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 25 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Fruit Bowl in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 33
Reviews for Glazed Fruit Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review