Glazed Fig & Almond Tart Recipe
Even people who say they normally don’t care for figs would enjoy this. The glazed fruit covers a smooth, luxurious filling of honey-sweetened cream cheese accented with lemon.
- 2/3 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- GLAZED FIGS:
- 1 pound dried figs (preferably Mission figs), stemmed and halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Cnfectioners' sugar
- Place almonds in a food processor; cover and pulse until ground. Add flour; pulse to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients for glazed figs; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until figs are tender. Uncover; cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until figs are glazed and 3 tablespoons liquid remains. Remove from the heat; cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey and lemon peel until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange figs over filling; drizzle with remaining liquid. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds and confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Fig & Almond Tart in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Glazed Fig & Almond Tart(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Greek Desserts >
- Greek Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pie Baking >