Glazed Easter Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 hours.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over ham. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 339 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1551mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Glazed Easter Ham
"I spent the last two days looking for a glaze for my Easter ham. I selected this one, and I don't regret it. I really liked the basil with the cloves. I didn't have the orange peel but followed everything else. My husband and two boys all liked it."
"The glaze is wonderful. However, next time I will follow the cooking directions that come with the ham because it was a little undercooked following the directions. But I will definately use the glaze again. It has a touch of flavor without overpowering the ham. Delicious!!"
"This is actually the 2nd time I have used this recipe. The 1st time, at Easter, my family loved it--even my children. In fact, they asked for it again at New Years."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer