Baked ham is an Easter tradition at our house. The glaze features my dried homegrown basil. My husband absolutely loves ham, so I get a large one to be sure we have leftovers. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (8 to 10 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Bake at 325° for 1-3/4 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over ham. Bake 15-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Easter Ham in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Glazed Easter Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review