Glazed Dijon Carrots Recipe
I not only serve these sweet glazed carrots during the holidays, but many times throughout the year as well. Not only is it delightfully different, it tastes so good all the kids gladly gobble it up!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place carrots in a serving dish and keep warm. In the same pan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, mustard, ginger and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 107 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC