I not only serve these sweet glazed carrots during the holidays, but many times throughout the year as well. Not only is it delightfully different, it tastes so good all the kids gladly gobble it up!
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place carrots in a serving dish and keep warm. In the same pan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, mustard, ginger and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Dijon Carrots in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p29
Reviews for Glazed Dijon Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2011
"We found the Dijon mustard and ginger added a nice zing to the glaze. I'm sure I'll be making these again."