Glazed Dijon Carrots Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Place carrots in a serving dish and keep warm. In the same pan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, mustard, ginger and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over carrots and toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Dijon Carrots(3)
Sort By :
We found the Dijon mustard and ginger added a nice zing to the glaze. I'm sure I'll be making these again.
Update-I make these carrots all the time, especially with pot roast or pork loin roast. My son, he's seven now, loves them and doesn't complain about the mustard at all. In fact, he would rather eat these than anything else on his plate! I made them tonight and he snuck in the kitchen and finished all that was left in the pot! Thanks for a perfect recipe!
My husband and I thought these were absolutely delicious and went so well with the pork loin I prepared. I do not agree that kids will gobble it up though, my 6 year old didn't like them at all and thought the dijon was gross-lol! I think these carrots are for the grown-ups-oh well more for us-I will make them again , my son can have some boring carrots!