Glazed Crescent Rolls Recipe
"Squash is the 'secret ingredient' in these lovely golden rolls," confides Carole Burke of Waucoma, Iowa. "They have a light delicate flavor and a tangy glaze."
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup mashed cooked acorn squash
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons tangerine or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine or orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add melted butter, squash, egg, sugar, salt, remaining water and 3 cups flour to yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 17-in. circle; spread with remaining butter. Cut into 16 wedges. Roll up from wide end and place, pointed end down, 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews for Glazed Crescent Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC