Glazed Cranberry Swirl Loaf Recipe
This is one of my favorite recipes to serve during the holidays. It also makes a great soft, chewy bread without the filling for any regular day!—Chris Carattini, Dickinson, North Dakota
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add the egg. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add 1 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients.
- 3. Punch dough down. Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Spread filling over each rectangle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Twist the two rolls together; pinch ends to seal. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 157 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Glazed Cranberry Swirl Loaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC