Glazed Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
The Sweet Potato Festival Committee of Vardaman, Mississippi shared this recipe starring their crop. Slices of the moist bread topped with an orange glaze make a sweet snack to enjoy anytime.
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, pie spice, baking powder and salt. In another large bowl, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cooled loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 servings each).
Originally published as Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread in Country Woman January/February 2001, p19
Reviews for Glazed Cranberry Sweet Potato Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review