Pairing canned pumpkin and cranberry sauce in a quick bread was Blanche Whytsell's imaginative idea. "The result is moist and tasty," she divulges from her Arnoldsburg, West Virginia kitchen. "The orange glaze drizzled over the loaf adds a colorful finishing touch."
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, pumpkin, pecans, oil and eggs; stir into dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Cranberry Pumpkin Bread in Country Woman September/October 1998, p41
Reviews for Glazed Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review