Glazed Cranberry Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the cranberry sauce, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is smooth. Add carrots; stir to coat. Heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 188 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Cranberry Carrots
"This is one of our favorite Thanksgiving vegetable sides. Super easy to make & tasty too."
"One of my favorite ways to cook carrots!"
"These have a really good winter-y flavor. I love the fact that they don't have cinnamon too. My husband and I both enjoyed these. Coupon for organic carrots:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/1-off-any-two-earthbound-farm-organic-products-48-unpeeled-carrots-at-walmart-3.html"
"My family loves this dish. I make it every Thanksgiving."
"We enjoyed this side dish very much. The glaze is nice however I think the flavor of cranberry needs to stand out a bit more in order to distinguish this dish from regular glazed carrots. Thanks for sharing."