Glazed Cranberry Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the cranberry sauce, butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted and mixture is smooth. Add carrots; stir to coat. Heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Cranberry Carrots
"This is one of our favorite Thanksgiving vegetable sides. Super easy to make & tasty too."
"One of my favorite ways to cook carrots!"
"These have a really good winter-y flavor. I love the fact that they don't have cinnamon too. My husband and I both enjoyed these. Coupon for organic carrots:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/1-off-any-two-earthbound-farm-organic-products-48-unpeeled-carrots-at-walmart-3.html"
"My family loves this dish. I make it every Thanksgiving."
"We enjoyed this side dish very much. The glaze is nice however I think the flavor of cranberry needs to stand out a bit more in order to distinguish this dish from regular glazed carrots. Thanks for sharing."