Glazed Cranberry Carrots
Although this is a wonderful way to use leftover carrots and cranberry sauce, I often find myself making it specifically for Thanksgiving dinner.
—Mary Ann Gilbert, Cincinnati, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until
- tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the cranberry sauce, butter, brown sugar,
- lemon juice and salt. Cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted
- and mixture is smooth. Add carrots; stir to coat. Heat through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.