Glazed Cranberry Biscuits Recipe
My family likes biscuits for breakfast. One Sunday, I decided to make those golden goodies extra special by adding white chips, dried cranberries and a simple orange glaze.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cut in shortening and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk and orange juice just until moistened. Stir in cranberries and baking chips.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, orange juice and extract; drizzle over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 biscuit: 285 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Cranberry Biscuits
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC