Glazed Country Pork Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Place ribs on a rack in a foil-line shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn ribs. Reduce temperature to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic powder, lemon peel, ginger, cloves, bay leaf and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- 3. Remove ribs from rack; drain drippings. Return ribs to pan; brush with sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until tender, turning and basting often. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 366 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Country Pork Ribs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.