Glazed Country Pork Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Place ribs on a rack in a foil-line shallow roasting pan; sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn ribs. Reduce temperature to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic powder, lemon peel, ginger, cloves, bay leaf and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- Remove ribs from rack; drain drippings. Return ribs to pan; brush with sauce. Bake, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until tender, turning and basting often. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Country Ribs in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Glazed Country Pork Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review