- Loosely stuff hens with stuffing. Tuck wings under hens; tie
- drumsticks together. Rub skin with butter; sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Place breast side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour. Meanwhile, place apple juice
- in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in honey and mustard. Set aside 1/2 cup
- for serving.
- Brush hens with remaining glaze. Bake 25-35 minutes longer or until a
- thermometer reads 180° for hens and 165° for stuffing,
- basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if
- hens brown too quickly. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes before
- serving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed hen with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 1,075 calories, 68 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 371 mg cholesterol, 905 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 65 g protein.