- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and orange juice. Spoon some of the apricot mixture over the hens. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until golden brown and juices run clear, basting several times with remaining apricot mixture. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Cornish Hens
Sort By :
"I also used orange marmalade on the hens and served with the Apricot Rice Stuffing at Easter dinner. Well received!"
"I served this on Christmas eve.It was so easy to fix and I was out of the kitchen in no time flat!! The family raved about it!!"
"I didn't have any apricot spreadable jam so I used orange marmalade. It was really good and so easy to fix. My husband enjoyed it. Served it with mac and cheese, mixed vegetables, dressing and Hawaiian rolls."
"I fixed this for Sunday dinner today. It turned out beautifully! Such an easy recipe -- such spectacular results! Served with baked sweet potato and steamed asparagus. Mmmmmm!"