Glazed Cornish Hens Recipe
If you're looking to add a touch of elegance to your Christmas dinner table, our Test Kitchen home economists suggest these Cornish game hens topped with a sweet apricot glaze.
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup apricot spreadable fruit
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and orange juice. Spoon some of the apricot mixture over the hens. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until golden brown and juices run clear, basting several times with remaining apricot mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Cornish Hens in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p20
Reviews for Glazed Cornish Hens(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2013
I fixed this for Sunday dinner today. It turned out beautifully! Such an easy recipe -- such spectacular results! Served with baked sweet potato and steamed asparagus. Mmmmmm!