- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Place corned beef and contents of seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add onion and celery; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Drain and discard liquid and vegetables. Place beef on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Brush over beef.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef
Sort By :
"I made this minus the horseradish because another reviewer stated it was good without it but my family disagreed. Nobody liked this at all. The cooking method was great but the glaze was all wrong. I cannot vouch for how it is with the horse radish though."
"The sauce is great ... I basted it over the top a few times during the 25 min in the oven"
"My absolute favorite way to cook corned beef. Have been coming back to this recipe for years!!"
"My son was not going to try this because corned beef sounded gross to him. I convinced him to try it and he loved it! My husband also loved it."
"This glaze is the best! My family has expected me to make this dish every St Patrick's Day since the recipe was published 12 years ago. I found that flat cut is the best cut of corned beef, point cut is too tough."