Glazed Corned Beef Recipe
I serve this delicious entree each St. Patrick's Day, even though my family is Dutch, not Irish. The meat is so tender and tasty topped with a simple tangy glaze. Leftovers make excellent Reuben sandwiches. -Perlene Hoekema, Lynden, Washington
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1. Place corned beef and contents of seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add onion and celery; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Drain and discard liquid and vegetables. Place beef on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Brush over beef.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC