Glazed Corned Beef Sandwiches Recipe
Fans of good food will cheer when you bring out these full-flavored, hearty sandwiches! Made of tender corned beef and a special sweet and spicy seasoning, they're always a hit. -Rita Reifenstein, Evans City, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds)
- 12 peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sandwich buns
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1. Place corned beef with seasoning packet in a Dutch oven, cover with water. Add seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 to 4-1/4 hours or until meat is tender. Drain, discarding juices; blot brisket dry.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Rub onto top of warm meat. Grill or broil for 5- 10 minutes on each side until glazed. Slice meat and serve warm or chilled on buns. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC