- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 orange peel strips (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, orange peel and contents of spice packet.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer corned beef and vegetables to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Discard orange peel.
- Combine the orange juice concentrate, honey and mustard; pour over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef Dinner
Sort By :
"We love this easy way to cook corned beef! I never cared much for corned beef before, but this is such an excellent recipe with great flavor. I've made this at least 4 times. We stocked the freezer with corned beef after St. Patrick's Day so we can make this year round. A definite keeper!"
"Turned out great, although I changed directions and made soup & sandwichs instead. Took the veggies and drained the fat liquid. Then put the veggies into a Dutch oven and added 4cups beef broth & 6 cups water. Then added bay leaves and seasonings like garlic, seasoning salt, tomato/beef bouillon a few dashes of Worcestershire & green Tabasco sauce. Then 1 small can of tomato sauce. Turned out fabulous. Now that the kids have moved out & it's just me & the wife now, we do a lot of soup & sandwiches for dinner."
"Tender and delicious. A big hit for our family!"
"This was easy and delicious! (My favorite combination in a recipe!)"
"I made this for St. Patricks Day dinner. My in laws as well as my entire family of 5 (including 3 children ages 5, 7, & 10) loved this corn beef. It was my first time cooking corn beef and it was so easy. Don't hesitate to try this one. Its definitely a "keeper" that I will make again. Thanks for a great recipe."