Glazed Corned Beef Dinner Recipe
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 orange peel strips (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1. Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, orange peel and contents of spice packet.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Using a slotted spoon, transfer corned beef and vegetables to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Discard orange peel.
- 4. Combine the orange juice concentrate, honey and mustard; pour over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef Dinner
"Just made this again tonight and it was delicious as always. Looked at the date on the original recipe and is said March 2009. This has been our go to recipe for corn beef for the past 8 year. Nice to come home after work and have a great meal. After transferring the meat and vegetables into a baking dish to finish with the glaze, I always cut up cabbage and boil on the stove with the left over juices/water from the slow cooker while the meat finishes in the oven."
"Turned out great, although I changed directions and made soup & sandwichs instead. Took the veggies and drained the fat liquid. Then put the veggies into a Dutch oven and added 4cups beef broth & 6 cups water. Then added bay leaves and seasonings like garlic, seasoning salt, tomato/beef bouillon a few dashes of Worcestershire & green Tabasco sauce. Then 1 small can of tomato sauce. Turned out fabulous. Now that the kids have moved out & it's just me & the wife now, we do a lot of soup & sandwiches for dinner."
"Tender and delicious. A big hit for our family!"
"This was easy and delicious! (My favorite combination in a recipe!)"
"I made this for St. Patricks Day dinner. My in laws as well as my entire family of 5 (including 3 children ages 5, 7, & 10) loved this corn beef. It was my first time cooking corn beef and it was so easy. Don't hesitate to try this one. Its definitely a "keeper" that I will make again. Thanks for a great recipe."
"I have been makeing this corned beef like this for a few years now. What a great flavor. I could never go back to the old boiling way."