Glazed Corned Beef Dinner
“This recipe is so tasty that it's the only way my family will eat corned beef. The glaze is the kicker!” -Shannon Strate of Salt Lake City, Utah
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8-1/4 hours
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 orange peel strips (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut
- brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, orange peel
- and contents of spice packet.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer corned beef and vegetables to a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Discard orange peel.
- Combine the orange juice concentrate, honey and mustard; pour over
- meat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes, basting
- occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.