“This recipe is so tasty that it's the only way my family will eat corned beef. The glaze is the kicker!” -Shannon Strate of Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 orange peel strips (3 inches)
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place the potatoes, carrots and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, orange peel and contents of spice packet.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer corned beef and vegetables to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Discard orange peel.
- Combine the orange juice concentrate, honey and mustard; pour over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes, basting occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Corned Beef Dinner in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p63
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review