Glazed Corned Beef Brisket
This roasted corned beef brisket is a wonderful treat for St. Patrick's Day. The tangy sauce is a perfect complement. —Patricia Schmeling
12 ServingsPrep: 2-3/4 hours Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Place corned beef and contents of seasoning packet in a Dutch oven;
- cover with water. Add onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Drain and discard liquid and vegetables. Place beef on a rack in a
- shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining
- ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Brush over
- beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Slice corned beef against the grain for the most tender slices of meat.