This roasted corned beef brisket is a wonderful treat for St. Patrick's Day. The tangy sauce is a perfect complement. —Patricia Schmeling
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Place corned beef and contents of seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Drain and discard liquid and vegetables. Place beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Brush over beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Corned Beef in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p82
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef Brisket
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review