Glazed Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
My mother was a wonderful cook who inspired me to experiment with recipes. This unique recipe features a Dijon mustard glaze on the corned beef, and a tangy horseradish sauce with the cabbage and red potatoes. The meal receives raves every time I serve it.
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved
- DIJON GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place brisket and contents of spice packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Place cabbage and potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 25-30 minutes or until tender, adding more water to pan if necessary.
- 3. Transfer the brisket to a broiler pan. Combine glaze ingredients; brush over beef. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until beef is glazed. Thinly slice across the grain.
- 4. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 30-45 seconds or until butter is melted. Drizzle over cabbage and potatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef and Cabbage
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2014
"by far the best Corned Beef I have ever made. Thank you!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC