- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 pounds), trimmed
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Place corned beef and contents of seasoning packet in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add onion and celery. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Drain and discard liquid and vegetables. Place beef on a rack in a shallow roasting pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Brush over beef. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Corned Beef(2)
Sort By :
Used 2 3# briskets. Instead of Dutch oven, I put in crock pot, covered with boiling water, high for 1 hr, then medium for 5 1/2 hr. Then followed the rest of the recipe (except forgot to put vinegar in the glaze). Way too much glaze - half recipe still would have been enough. It was excellent.
I found this recipe in an old issue of TOH, (I save them all.) and it was a hit. My husband and I like it better then a roast. It is so tasty and tender. I have passed the recipe on to others. I did not use the horseradish though. I have stocked up on corned beef now just so we can have it year round!